Load Test Developer (Contractor)- Seattle, WA
Rhapsody's Services team is searching for a Load Test Developer contractor to develop automation around extensions to the Rhapsody Direct Services API set to support the next generation of connected devices.
The ideal candidate is a (2+ years of experience) with demonstrated experience building automation using standard automation frameworks. The candidate is driven, well organized, has strong learning abilities, and works well in a team environment. The position requires hands-on development on existing systems and strong knowledge of testing principles and strategies.
Among other responsibilities, the person in this position will:
- Design use-cases and implement load and performance tests for all new webservice APIs.
- Write framework libraries to aid in the Rapid Development of Load Test suites.
- Operate in agile team practicing SCRUM.
- Directly support the integration of the new features into the client devices applications.
With more than 1 million paying subscribers, Rhapsody ("www.rhapsody.com") is the world's leading digital music service that makes it possible for fans to listen to any song, anytime and anywhere. For a flat monthly fee, subscribers can access Rhapsody's catalog of over 13 million songs anywhere they want to hear music, including from their smart phones, personal computers, stereo systems, internet connected televisions and MP3 players.
We're looking for someone who has:
- B.A./B.S. degree 2+ years of software development experience.
- 2 years of experience writing Java, C/C++ code.
- Operable Knowledge of Load testing frameworks, preferably Load Runner and JMeter.
- Experience working in an agile environment with teams practicing Scrum.
- Good knowledge of Linux, shell scripting.
- Ability to write SQL and extract data for tests and troubleshooting purposes from relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Load and Performance Testing Theory and Analysis.
Previous experience in developing Load Tests and Test Suites is required. Experience in designing Load Frameworks is desired. To be successful, you must be self-motivated and tenacious, thrive in a collaborative environment, and complete tasks in the agreed schedules.
This is an exciting and important opportunity to contribute to the API of the largest on-demand music service in the country and be directly responsible to expanding the number of devices offering a native Rhapsody experience.
Rhapsody offers a highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you'll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in San Francisco and New York. We are proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, telecommuting, subsidized commuting options and more.Please click here to apply!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.